The JDSU SmartOTDR™ is a compact, easy, upgradable OTDR test solution based on the T-BERD/MTS-2000 platform that eliminates setup errors that are the cause of fiber retests and repeatedly dispatching technicians. The SmartOTDR guarantees accurate, consistent, and repeatable results every time for technicians of any skill level.
- Simplifies fiber installation testing and fault location
Easy OTDR user interface displays set up, test, storage, and result data on one screen eliminate having to change menus.
- Prevents re-tests or site re-visits
Predefined or customized SmartConfig™ eliminates 100% of common OTDR setup errors.
- Reduces cost of ownership
Less training increased productivity, and many scalable future upgrade options such as Expert Mode or SmartAccessAnywhere.
- Speeds field operations
Get up poles and down holes quickly and easily with a light, portable and compact, hands-free design.
- Characterize point-to-point access fiber
- Qualify FTTH feeder and drop cables
- Troubleshoot FTTA front haul
- Install and maintain inter-building single-mode Enterprise networks
- Two versions available: Single-wavelength with 1550 nm and dual-wavelength with 1310 and 1550 nm
- 35/33 dB dynamic range at 1310/1550 nm
- Integrated CW light source on OTDR port
- Built-in optical power meter and VFL options
- A large 5-inch touchscreen display
- The special hands-free bag comes standard